Per below....Dr. Walker and his staff treated me for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma nearly three years ago, and without them I wouldn't be here. This event, which he has helped to orchestrate, benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Maryland. And if you know of anyone who may be interested in this event, please feel free to share. Thanks! - WPT
School of Rock Baltimore
A Concert to Benefit
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Maryland
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Bourbon Street Baltimore
This year, for the first time ever, the School of Rock "Best of Season" show will be a concert to benefit the Maryland Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). LLS is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education, and patient services. LLS's mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
School of Rock Baltimore is partnering with Dr. Stan Walker, a Baltimore Medical Oncologist who has been nominated for the LLS Man of the Year. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign is a fundraising competition in communities across the U.S. in which participants vie for the title of Man or Woman of the Year. They raise funds for blood cancer research in honor of local children who are blood cancer survivors, the Boy & Girl of the Year. MWOY is one of hundreds of fundraising events held each year by LLS.
Like previous "Best of Season" shows, this benefit concert will include student-performed songs from each of the Winter 2010 seasonal shows. In addition, there will be performances by special musical guests, live and silent auctions, and appearances by local celebrities. We hope to show just how strong our School of Rock family is by raising a significant amount of money for this worthy charity.
How can you help?
* Buy tickets! 100% of the ticket sales go directly to LLS. Tickets for the benefit are just $20 each* and will be available beginning Saturday, January 9th at the Clapton show. After the 9th, tickets will be on sale at the School of Rock and upcoming seasonal shows.
* Sell tickets! Reach out to family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers for support for this special event. Many of you work for companies that will buy blocks of tickets as a charitable donation so please check into that. Again, 100% of the ticket sales will go directly to LLS.
* Donate and solicit auction items/services. To help us reach our fundraising goal, we need items/services for live and silent auctions. Contact School of Rock parent Chris Tittel at 443-956-3499 or firstname.lastname@example.org with auction items. 100% of the money raised at the auction will go to the charity!
* Monetary donations. Monetary donations are greatly appreciated and provide a great way to participate if you can't attend the benefit. Many employers offer a charitable donation-matching program so please check with your employer. We will collect donations at the School of Rock and at each of the seasonal shows.
Again, 100% of all proceeds will be donated to the Maryland Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society -- that means 100% of all ticket sales, 100% of all auction items, and 100% of all donations.
So, spread the word, talk it up, and let's fill the venue. Let's give back and help our kids help others.
* Each School of Rock student performing in the "Best of Season" show gets into the show for free. Each School of Rock family will be offered their first two tickets for the price of one. Each additional ticket will be $20.